No matter how long your journey is, a fresh car interior always makes it way more comfortable. If you are also fond of a cleaned car cabin then you must be looking for the best smelling car interior cleaner right now.
Well, there are numerous products on that note that can help to make your car interior smell better. But how come you choose the most convenient one?
To be honest, an ideal car interior cleaner must be able to eradicate all sorts of strong odors, dirt, and stains to bless the environment inside with a fascinating fragrance.
So, let’s explore the top 5 products below and decide if they can be your best bet or not!
Best Smelling Car Interior Cleaners
Here, we listed the top 5 smelling car interior cleaners that give your car a gorgeous look.
Let’s get started
1. Best Multi-Purpose- Chemical Guys InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant
OUR TOP PICK
Chemical Guys SPI_663 InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant
Looking for the best car interior cleaner and protectant? Chemical Guys should be your first destination then. Let’s check out what core amenities this cleaner is blessed with.
- Features advanced UV protection
- Spreads a fresh pineapple scent inside
- Easy to use with a quick spray
- Leaves a high-quality OEM finish
- Exclusive dust repelling technology
In terms of producing car cleaners, Chemical Guys are the name no one can complain about. Their Inner Clean Quick Detailer and Protectant also live up to those promises as well.
Since it’s a rapid detailer, it works the best to remove all types of dirt and dust from your dashboard, steering, door panel, and other interior plastics.
Thanks to the UV protection capability, it maintains the like-new outlook of the interior pretty well. And the ease of use makes the interior cleaner fans’ favorite. You just need to spray it on the dust and wipe it out.
Besides, it takes care of the body oils of the interior surface in order to bring back life to the dull and neglected car cabin.
Above all, the pleasant pineapple scent destroys all foul smells and freshens the inside environment to the fullest.
On the same note, some of you might find the fruity aroma a bit too strong. So, watch out if that would be an issue.
Aside from that, it makes one of the best car interior protectant sprays.
2. Most Versatile- P&S Professional Detail Products- Xpress Interior Cleaner
P&S Professional Detail Products – Xpress Interior Cleaner
Second on the lineup is a great versatile product from P&S which works exceptionally well to repel all sorts of dirt, debris, and odor from the inside of your vehicle.
- Suitable for all sorts of interior surfaces
- Works on leather, vinyl, and plastic
- High-quality and residue-free interior cleaner
- Professional detailing quality
- No risk of damage or discoloration of the car interior
As we know, P&S is famous for manufacturing some of the best car interior detailing products. Living up to the heritage, this Xpress Interior Cleaner fights back any dirt, grease, oil, and traffic mark to bless your car cabin with a factory-fresh appearance.
Well, the best thing about this cleaning spray is the versatility to be used on varieties of vehicle surfaces. Moreover, the 1-gallon product makes it a cost-effective package for regular use.
Best of all, it will leave no residue or mark behind. So, no worries if you fear this spray will make the car cabin fade away.
Similar to the Chemical Guys InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant, it works as a quick cleaner and detailer that doesn’t take long to clean dust and dirt inside.
Above all, the fresh enchanting aroma it leaves behind makes it the best interior cleaner for cars in every aspect.
3. Most Budget-Friendly- Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
Chemical Guys CWS20316 Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
Looking for the best car interior cleaner for cloth seats? We have a solution for you from Chemical Guys. Let’s explore the key specifications below!
- An amazing fabric cleaner to break down contaminants, filth, and stains
- Cleans cloth, carpet, upholstery, and more
- Completely safe for all colors and fabrics
- No hard scrubbing or rubbing required
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage
Look no further if you need an exclusive fabric cleaner with no side effects to your car’s interior. Chemical Guys came with a wonderful foaming cleaner that you can use on the floor, carpet, cloth, upholstery, and many more.
No matter how stubborn the stain on your car seat is, this fabric cleaner would remove it at any cost. On top of that, it kills all types of odors at their source and makes sure to keep the environment smelling good.
Besides, this cleaning shampoo is highly concentrated to offer a quick and thorough interior cleaning at maximum cleaning power.
Whether it’s the drink spill or body oil, Fabric Clean eliminates them all, thanks to the high suds formula. And to add more, it doesn’t include any toxic element that can cause discoloration to the fabric or make them fade away.
However, it only cleans the odors at their source and prevents creating new ones without adding any extra fragrance.
So, if you prefer an added smell, go for the P&S Professional Detail Products Xpress Interior Cleaner.
4. Best All-in-One- Adam’s Microban All-Purpose Car Interior Cleaner and Leather Conditioner
Adam’s Microban Interior Detailer – Advanced Car Interior Cleaner, Protectant & Dressing | All Purpose Cleaner & Leather Conditioner
Next, we have one of the best interior car cleaners for leather that is currently dominating the market. Let’s see what this Adam’s Polisher All-Purpose Car Interior Cleaner and Leather Conditioner has in store to offer.
- Built-in Microban protection technology to prevent dust build-up
- Ultimate UV protection to retain the factory finish of the car cabin
- An all-purpose cleaner to clean, shine, and protect
- Compatible with plastic, cloth, fabric, rubber, vinyl, and many more surfaces
- Fast and facile interior detailing with ultimate perfection
While driving on the road, you certainly want the inside environment of your vehicle to be sparkling and stimulating. That’s why it must be free of any foul smell to let you feel at ease.
Saying that this all-in-one cleaner is a must-have to maintain a fresh vibe inside your car. It not only cleans the dust and dirt inside but also restores the newish appearance of the accessories.
Most importantly, the product continues working even after a long time has been applied. That’s the biggest benefit of any detailer you could think of.
On the bright side, it features the exclusive Microban technology to create a UV protection layer. Resultantly, it delays the aging process of the door panels, handles, steering wheels, car seats, touch screens, etc.
Therefore, you can seal the deal with this excellent product to fight car surface deterioration right away!
5. Best Non-Greasy- 3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer
3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer, 39040, 16 fl oz
The last one on the list is a dual-purpose product from 3M, a name that doesn’t need any introduction. The key features of this irresistible cleaner are as follow-
- As a dual-purpose cleaner, it cleans and conditions the car surfaces
- Super convenient to use
- The enchanting lemon aroma is quite fascinating
- Restores the shine of leather and vinyl accessories
- A powerful formula to offer deep cleaning
If you prefer a two in one product to take care of your car interior, no other car cleaner can beat the premium performance of this 3M restorer.
On one hand, it breaks down the dirt and grime from all types of vinyl, rubber, plastic, and leather components.
On the other hand, the existence of the conditioning oil keeps the materials hydrated. As a result, the interior components don’t get damaged at all. It restores the factory-finish of the surfaces over time.
Especially, we highly recommend this product to bring back the sparkle and luster of premium leather surfaces.
On the same note, it works great to eradicate any stubborn stain of dirt or oil. So, similar to the Adam’s Polisher All-Purpose Car Interior Cleaner and Leather Conditioner, this is one of the best interior car cleaners non-greasy.
However, it could have been the best deal if it were a bit more powerful to remove residue. Still, we consider it a decent deal for its all-around performance.
How Do You Clean Your Car Interior Like A Professional?
How to Choose Smelling Car Interior Cleaner
Before going for a smelling car interior cleaner, there are a few things to consider. You must remember these for your own benefit. Otherwise, you might end up choosing the wrong product for your car.
Let’s dig into the key considerations to choose a decent flavor cleaner for your vehicle.
- Decide on the smell based on the intensity of the odor. If you experience a slight odor, go for cleaners with light smells. But if the smell is way too strong, a flavor-rich cleaner is suggested.
- Your car surface is made of different materials, right? So, the “one size fits all” policy isn’t workable here. You need to choose different cleaners for fabric, foam, vinyl, leather, etc.
- Make sure the interior cleaner doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients. After all, you don’t want to damage or discolor the surface. Therefore, always look for a mild and harm-free detailer.
- Above all, choose an odor eliminator that lasts long. It will accompany you throughout the journey by spreading a refreshing aroma and making your long driving hours a pleasant experience.
How to Keep the Car Interior Smelling Fresh?
Whether you are returning home or heading out, it’s very important to smell your car fresh. Otherwise, the bad odor will suffocate you eventually.
Here are the tried and trusted tips to let your car interior smell fresh always.
- Never try smoking inside the car. Apart from causing a foul smell, it will affect your car’s upholstery as well.
- Always carry an air freshener to kill the bad smell inside your car. A decent air sprayer neutralizes odor rather than masking it up.
- You must vacuum the interior on a regular basis. This will eliminate the trapped odor under the carpet.
- If you find the local car wash expensive, do a detailed cleaning of the car all by yourself. Go for a smelling cleaner based on the interior materials and spray it off on the dust, dirt, or stain. Gently wipe it out and you are done.
- Don’t forget to wash the floor mats once in a while. And make sure to dry them thoroughly before putting them back in the car. Otherwise, water leakage can build up mold and mildew inside.
Buying Guide of the Best Smelling Car Interior Cleaner
Now the question is how to look for the best car detailing products? What are the things that you must know to make an informed buying decision? Let’s check out below!
An interior cleaner must have a harmless formula to maintain ultimate safety. Although it’s meant to be used on the interior components of your vehicle, you will be there as well.
So, it should not include any toxic chemical that could affect the human body.
Moreover, the harsh elements can end up damaging the car’s interior too. So, always opt for a mild, gentle, and harmless odor cleaner.
Since you use an interior cleaner to eradicate the bad smell, it must be flavor-rich. Sometimes, you just need a strong aroma to cover the odor inside.
But at the same time, it should be powerful enough to kill the foul odor on the spot.
Based on your preferences, you can pick any decent smelling cleaner like pineapple, rose, lemon, etc.
Ease of Use
A good smelling cleaner comes with the amenity of easy use. As you might use the cleaner instantly on the go, it should not take much time to be applied.
In that case, people often prefer detailers that can be sprayed quickly. So, it’s better if the product comes with an attached sprayer.
Aside from being engineered with effective cleaning agents, it must be a fast-acting cleaner that works instantly.
If it takes too much time to dissolve the dirt and stain, you will end up wasting time waiting for the next ride. Pretty annoying, isn’t it?
That’s why we highly encourage you to buy cleaners that are quick to clean and dry immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Is The Best Product To Clean Interior Of Vehicle?
Best Multi-Purpose- Chemical Guys InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant
Most Versatile- P&S Professional Detail Products- Xpress Interior Cleaner
Most Budget-Friendly- Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
Best All-in-One- Adam’s Microban All-Purpose Car Interior Cleaner and Leather Conditioner
Best Non-Greasy- 3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer
Why Does The Inside Of My Car Smell?
One of the most common causes of foul odors in our cars is the presence of shoe polish on the carpet, dirt left behind in the car, or food inside the car.To get rid of car odor, we all need to clean our car regularly with freshener or scented interior cleaner.
What Is The Best Thing To Clean Your Car Interior With?
The most effective and simple way to clean the interior of the car is to clean the car regularly with the interior cleaner. Here we have discussed in detail the best cleaners on the market. You can choose the cleaner of your choice from here.
Why Does My Car Smell Bad?
When the air condition of a car is damaged, a bad smell is found in the air of the car. If there is a bad smell in the air of your car then you need to know if there is any problem with the air condition of your car. This problem can be solved only by repairing the air condition of the car.
How Do You Get Rid Of Smelly Car Interior?
Thoroughly clean your car carpet after 5 days. Use a good quality interior cleaner. Always use freshener in your car. And always try to keep the car clean and tidy.
To wrap up, we would like to add that all the products reviewed above are the current best-smelling car interior cleaners in the market right now.
You will know the difference once you use them to make your car interior smell better than ever. They work equally well to clean right from the dashboard to the door handle, from the seat to the carpet, and everything inside.
However, all things considered, we think that the Chemical Guys InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant is the top pick here. It adds great value for money with its all-purpose use.
And if you need both cleaner and conditioner in one product, go for the 3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer which works best to maintain a non-greasy surface.
Above all, choose your cleaner wisely based on the buying guide above and make the best use of your hard-earned money.
All the best!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.