Summer is a great time to take road trips and enjoy the sun. However, one downside of sunny days is that the heat can make your car extremely hot. A way to combat this problem is to use a fabric sun visor. In this blog post, we will discuss the best methods for how to clean car sun visor.
Not only does this protect you from the sun, but it also keeps your car cool. If you’re like most people, you use your car’s sun visor to shield your eyes from the sun. In order for your fabric sun visor to work its best, it’s important to clean it regularly.
So if you are looking for the best ways to clean your car’s sun visor then you have come to the right place. Here are some tips to help you clean up the sun visor that you won’t find anywhere else. So stay with us till the end.
How to Clean Car Sun Visor: Best Methods On Cleaning Car Sun Visor
Step 1 – Gather The Necessary Materials
You will be happy to know that the materials needed to clean the sun visor are almost always scattered in your home. Moreover, all these products are available to buy at very low prices.
You can use a soft cloth to wipe down your sun visor, but if you’re going for an easy clean then using Fabric Cleaner is also good. You’ll need some warm water mixed with soap or detergent and maybe even some vinegar if there are tough stains on it that won’t come off easily. Get ready by gathering up these materials around you before starting the process of cleaning fabric sun visor!
Step 2 – Spray The Fabric Cleaner Onto The Visor
You can either use a spray bottle or pour the cleaner onto a cloth and then proceed to wipe down the sun visor. Make sure that you get into all of the nooks and crannies, as this is where dirt and dust like to accumulate.
But I think it would be better to spray with a good hand spray bottle. This is because the cleaner can easily reach the nooks and crannies. Spray the cleaner and soak for 1 minute. This time wipe the visor well with a microfiber cloth.
Even then, if light dirt or stains remain, apply the following methods.
Step 3 – Scrub With A Soft Brush
If there are any dirt or dust particles on your sun visor, you can try to remove them by scrubbing gently with a soft brush. This will help loosen up the dirt and make it easier to clean off.
Scrub the visor with a soft brush shortly after spraying the cleaner. When scrubbing, make sure that all areas of the visor are brushed with a brush. If your visor has dirty dirt and stains, after scrubbing with a brush, all the dirt will be cleaned and it will look shiny like new.
Step 4 – Wipe With A Paper Towel
Dampen a paper towel with some warm water mixed with soap or detergent, and then wipe down the entire surface of the sun visor. If there are any tough stains that don’t come off easily, add some vinegar to the mix before wiping again. Be sure to dry off your sun visor completely afterward with another paper towel or a cloth. And that’s how you clean fabric sun visor! It’s an easy process.
Step 5 – Wipe With A Microfiber Cloth
When you see your car visor is clean, wipe it well with a microfiber cloth. Once wiped with a microfiber cloth, your work is done.
Notice this time your visor has become as shiny as new.
Tips On How To Clean A Car Sun Visor?
Do you have a dirty fabric sun visor sitting in your car? Don’t worry, we’re here to show you how to clean it with ease! In just a few simple steps, your sun visor will be looking as good as new.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the surface of the sun visor.
- If there are still some stubborn stains that won’t come off no matter what you do, then you can try adding some vinegar into the mix. The vinegar will help break down the dirt and grime, making it easier to remove.
- Avoid using any harsh chemicals or cleaning products, as these may damage the fabric of your sun visor.
- Allow the sun visor to air dry completely before putting it back in your car.
What Should I Do If My Car Sun Visors Are Too Dirty?
1. Wet paper towel with water and then squeeze it to remove excess water.
2. Use that wet paper towel and wipe down the dirty car sun visor. (try not to put too much pressure on the sticky area where dirt may have been built up)
3. If your car sun visor still looks quite dirty, you can use a small amount of shampoo or soap as long as it will not damage your material/vinyl/neoprene/foam rubber visor! After using soap or shampoo, be sure to rinse it thoroughly so that there is no residue left over. Otherwise, if a residue is left behind, it could attract dust and other contaminants which will lead to future discoloration and various other issues.
4. After washing and rinsing, follow up by drying with a paper towel! For best results use compressed air instead of a normal blow dryer to speed up the process!
I have discussed in detail here How To Clean Car Sun Visor. I hope this blog was helpful for you. You may now realize how easy it is to clean a car’s sun visor. So if your car’s sun visor is dirty, follow the instructions above and make it shine like new now.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.